Thursday, January 12, 2012

Swirlydoos' January Blog Hop Block Party

Welcome to Swirlydoos' January Blog Hop Block Party!!


Happy New Year and welcome to Swirlydoos January Kit Reveal Blog Hop BLOCK PARTY!!! If you came here from Shimmerz's blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today and as a bonus we have 4 manufacturer blogs that are joining in the fun!! There are 5 prize packs up for grabs so make sure to follow along and have fun!!?


My First project is using the District Market burlap canvas. This was so much fun to play with. In the video below i have a tutorial on a technique i used to make a cool accent embellishment. It's called image transfer. Be sure to check out the video below. I will have a sped up video showing you how i created this canvas on the swirlydoos blog on the 21st. I stamp with the gesso....make some really easy flowers and use the masks.So be sure to check it out. It is packed with fun techniques.

For this tag I used a technique that is pretty simple but makes any project pop with texture and color. I stamped with the white gesso that is in the technique kit. Then i sprayed the glimmer mist over it using the mask. Under the picture is a video tutorial of that technique.

******if you click here you can see the video in full frame.


You have until midnight, eastern time, on January 15th to complete the hop. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence.
3: Finally, go back here to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had AND tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected.

My special word is : Model

The party continues over at Lisa Gregory's blog. Have fun!

51 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

Tiffany.....your canvas is just BEAUTIFUL!! will need to come back and watch your video....and your lovely pink painted nails...hehehe!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Just hopping along..love your work and already follow this blog :)

Ewelina said...

I loved your blog! Its beautiful!

art by pam said...

Enjoy your blog - will be back!

WendyG said...

Absolutely stunning projects. I'll be back to check out your video tutorial.

Nicole Doiron said...

wow! What a great way to use the Gesso and mist! LOVE your tag!

Jolaine Frias said...

Beautiful projects as always Tiff! TFS!

Ellie Knol said...

I am certainly going to have a look at that tutorial, the otcome is gorgeous!

Laura said...

beautiful canvas. Love the texture.

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful canvas and tag!!!

Joelle said...

Gorgeous! I'm so excited to learn from you! The labs are wonderful this month!

bethann said...

gorgeous. great video. great LO

Unknown said...

Tiffany you canvas is stunning. I can't wait to learn another techique from you. Thanks for the easy to follow tutorials...

Jennie Atkinson said...

Absolutely stunning work! Thank you for the tutorials - am off to have a go myself.

Myrto said...

The tutorial is great! I loved both techniques and I am off to try them right now!
Thanks
Myrto

Monica said...

Beautiful!! I love the gesso stamping... I need to remember to do that more often!!

Sherrenae - Sherri said...

Beautiful work, cool tutorial

Shanna Shands said...

Fun video. I love your too. I need to trying stamping with Gesso and see what I can create! Thanks for some inspiration....I am also jealous I miss SD weather...I am not use to cold South Carolina...and being 3 hours from the beach is killing me!

Lillian Child said...

Always such a delight to stop by your blog and see what you are creating. You have such a lovely creative style! Thanks for sharing!

Scrapbookdoll said...

love the tutorial and your projects are cool!
marie-anne

Rosjen said...

I have been a big fun of your wonderful work!! Thank´s for your inspiration! :-)

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Found the comments link! lol Wonderful Lo`s and tutorial! Thanks for the hop x

Anonymous said...

Love your tute, thanks :)

Shelly said...

so glad to see that you've joined us at Swirlydoos, your art is so inspiring, and your canvas is fantastic!

izunika said...

Beautiful projects

JaniceA said...

Beautiful projects love your LOs really like the one down the page a ways of the feet.
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Marla said...

What a beautiful canvas project!!!

4Him said...

Tiffany your work is stunning as always!!!

Lynda said...

Thanks for sharing your technique's Tiffany.Beauiful!!

sharon g said...

I love the texty background. And the flowers!

Crafty Chick Designs said...

Your canvas is beautiful. Love the layers of text & stamped gesso. THe colors are fabulous!

Amanda said...

So beautiful~luv your techniques! I'll have 2 see how u do everything;) Following via GFC! Thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com
blog~www.scrappinangel-amanda.blogspot.com

Maria Harms said...

Beautiful design work! Can't wait to go back to look at the tutorials.

Memories by Manda said...

Your canvas is divine! Thanks for sharing

Karen said...

Great tutorial!! I love the stamping with gesso. Great texture! Thanks!

Dil said...

beautiful!!

Cindy Lou said...

Great project! The District Market burlap canvas is intriguing, can't wait to try it out. Love your techniques, can't wait to go and check out some more! Thanks for inspiring!

Kathy said...

The canvas is extrodinary. I look so forward to learning so much in the imagination program. TY

rush said...

lovely layouts. thank you for sharing.

Debbie Buckland said...

Fabulous layout. The textures are amazing

MeridaZielona w Krainie Książek said...

Amazing projects. Thanks for fantastic tutorial :*

michaela said...

Its beautiful! Michaela

Amy said...

So happy to find another awesome blog with stamping techniques. Love the video!

Michelle said...

Hi Mama Tiff!! So glad I found you when you joined Swirlydoos - you rock!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing works! Thank's so much for tutorial!

Kisha said...

When I saw your work, I recognized running across your blog before. I love your work and so happy to have found your blog again. Beautiful LO's!

Jan Garber said...

Great projects and always love your tutorials! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

What a beautiful LO, and thank you for the fun tutorial too! I love learning new things!
Lisa

Drea Slee said...

So beautiful! I love what you did with the snowflakes!

Peggy Lee said...

Wow your layouts are just beautiful, loved watching your video...I must try stamping with gesso...great tips....

mia.t said...

Wow, I love your creations and will be back to check out some more here.
Hugs Mia

NEW WEBSITE!

I have moved!!!  Find my website HERE!